Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

x450e-48p Stuck in POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midstream

Programmer
Jan 15, 2004
US
My management light is blinking rapidly telling me this thing is stuck in POST. Is there a way to diagnose this and break the POST?

I put a console cable on this beast and fired it up... Here's the HYPERTERMINAL output.

ERRORPC=9fc293d4
EPC=b004e2fc
PANIC! Unexpected General exception!

It just keeps scrolling past, over and over.

When the POST Testing * appears you can hit the space bar to access the switch Bootrom. From there I would suggest that you change the config to secondary and then enter boot to boot the box off the secondary configuration. Looks like your primary configuration could be corrupt.

See if you can at least break into the BootRom first. If you need the exact commands let me know here in this post.

I think its something like this, I can get you the exact commands if needed:

set config secondary
boot

Sorry for the delay. Changed corporate domains, moved offices and reloaded my priorities.

When I boot the switch there is no chance to break the POST. I've looked around on the chasis and don't see any type of RESET. Is there anyway to reset this to factory default, or fail over to the alternate boot bank without going through CLI?

If you cant get into the bootrom or bootstrap it will need to be replaced.

It's toasted.

From the instant this thing boots it goes into insanity mode. It's still sitting on a shelf in the back room just in case someone comes up with a good idea.

Call Extreme and Replace it. It's a x450e-48p. Extreme has a Life long warranty for all Edge switches.

It's just a Return and Replace.

I'm a Extreme Tech :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back