Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

X236 RAID 1 to build other servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelix

Technical User
Nov 2, 2001
GB
I have a x236 server using a ServeRAID 7K controller. I have created a RAID 1 Array and installed Windows on it.

I have 5 identical servers i need to build. Is there a way of using one of the RAID 1 disks to build the other servers. I tried moving it to another server but it doesnt do anything?

Any Ideas

I just try the same (see mey thread below). After installing the "original" disk I set the disk in the SCSI-BIOS to bootable. The system comes up. Now I started ServeRaid and mirrord the other disk in the system. After this you have to change some entries (f.e. the computername, networksettings ...).

Carlo

Ok i have moved a disk from the built server and put it in the second server. I go into the BIOS but there is no where i can set the disk as bootable?

You must use the BIOS of the controller! Don't use the system bios.

Carlo

Carlo

I have tried the BIOS of the 7k adpater but there is no where i can see to set a disk bootable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back