Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

X-windows 3.1 and my Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
When I use the resolution 640x480 or 800x600 my X-windows screen is bigger than my monitor!

Only when I use the resolution 1024x768 the screen is normal! But everything is to small!

If you know how I get the X-windows screen normal in the resolution 640x480 or 800x600 please give me the answer!

(Sorry for the bad English, I'am from holland!)

Please Help everything is so tiny!!!

Which distribution are you using? There must be some tools that are apart of your distro which allow you to fine tune your resolution. For example, on SuSE , I use xfine.

When you installed Linux you may have set the default resolution to 1024x768 (RedHat defaults to the highest res your monitor can have). If you went with the defualt resolution settings then this be causings the problems. Also your monitors Vertitcal and/or Horizontal frequency could be wrong. And of course your graphix card could be causings the problems.

Hope this helps
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back