Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

X-Lite Softphone 4.0 Works with Nortel! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronei

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
After days of packet sniffing and trial and error, I was finally able to get the freeware X-Lite SIP Softphone fully functional as a user endpoint on my Nortel CS1000M v4.5.

There are too many details to post in a single article, but if anyone has been playing with this and can't quite figure it out, I can most likely help with your problem.

Finally somebody did it, please I want to know how did you accomplish that?

Where are you stuck?

Could you generate an FAQ for it ?

Hi Pal, it will be very helpful if you post settings in FAQ. We all appreciate this if you do.

I agree, a FAQ would be fantastic

If you are generating a FAQ, please also clarify what you mean by "fully functional" and what telephony features you were able to get working.

pronei, are you generating a FAQ on this???

Sorry, been out sick for a couple days.

I'll generate a faq before xmas.

If some of you are toying with this right now. The key is DNS resolution of your sip domain.

my original sip domain was a made up name with no name resolution.

after I setup my service domain as sip.mydomain.com and put an A Record in DNS for sip.mydomain.com that resolved to the IP of my NRS, everything started working smooth.

I'll write more detail when I get the time.

I will anxiously wait for this FAQ, i also have to setup this after XMAS and it will be helpful to start with your FAQ.
Regards.

Though i have some question on this
(1) How does XLite authenticate on SIP Server(Sig Server)
(2) What user ID and password will be use for authentication
and does this user and password will be created on SIP
server or on Domain controller??
(3)Did you setup this on LAN?? what will be the procedure to
connect XLite through internet?

1. Doesn't auth to Sig Server, its registers to the NRS as a user endpoint.

2. Whatever user/pass u setup in the endpoint config on the NRS.

3. configured and tested on LAN and through VPN

Thanks for the info, However installing these things need a lot settings so please don't forget to post FAQ on this.
Regards.

Hi Pronei. Still waiting for your FAQ on setting up SIP X-Lite IP phone. Hope you do soon.
Thanks

FAQ Written and uploaded, after TekTips approval, will be posted.

Can I be the first to thankyou. And also say because of this I have more work to do in the new year.

Thanks, it will be very helpful thats for sure. Hope TEK-TIPS admin approves that.

Hi Pronei, I was trying to setup XLite version 3 with CS1000E rls 5. I wont be able to register that phone, I saw your FAQ on X-Lite it referrs to X-Lite version 4, do i have to use version 4 of X-Lite?
Regards

Hi Pronei i also tried with X-Lite version 4 but it still wont register, i exactly follows your FAQ steps.
Any more help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back