Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

*.x files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZ

Programmer
Jul 21, 2000
IT
Anyone know where I can find more *.x files or object files for DarkBASIC?

Thanx in advance! [sig]<p> Alex<br><a href=mailto:pizzapz@libero.it>pizzapz@libero.it</a><br><a href= > </a><br>*** Q(uick)BASIC RULEZ! :D***[/sig]

Thanks, RaTTus, I missed that.

I guess I can wait a *few* more minutes. Thanks for pointing out the editor.
VCA.gif

I've tried it out now, and have seen the answer to my last post! That is, that the DB creators OWN the DarkEDIT program. :)

hmmmm DB is nice but I would like to see better file management and networking would be a big plus too. And converting *.3ds files works great except I'm having problems with animations. Can anyone help me out?

BUJIN: Actually, Lee Bamber (the guy who wrote DB) does -not- own DarkEDIT. It was created by a DB programmer named Guy Savoie with permission from Lee. He just had to put the copyright stuff up under DB's name because they own the copyrights to the name, not hte program. Just to clear that up :)

ELIUKER: Newer versions of DB are supposed to arrive with better networking and other features. For a brand spanking new language, I think it's doing great so far! As for working with .3ds files, what you'd want to do is use those for static models. DirectX .X files are easier to use with animations adn are heavily documented in the DB help archives.

Hope that helps :)

-Tom
Solo Studios

SoloStudio: Here's a quote from the darkedit.txt file linked to above (RaTTuS)...
---
OWNERSHIP
DarkEDIT is owned by Dark Basic Software Limited. Although I designed it, created it, and actively maintain it, it is the property of Dark Basic Software Limited. The obvious question is, &quot;Are you crazy?&quot; Sure, I could keep it as MY program, I bet I could even charge a small fee for it, but no one benefits if I do. DarkBASIC is for creating and expressing, and DarkEDIT is designed to complement this wonderfully inexpensive tool. The best way to guarantee people can get access to it is for Dark Basic Software Limited to own it. I am not an agent, partner, or employ of Dark Basic Software Limited. I don't speak for them. If I promise you the moon, don't bug them for the rocket.
---
I meant that it was owned by the DarkBASIC software company, as stated in the above text.

there is a tutorial in the game about display modes.
the comand line is as follows
SET DISPLAY MODE 800,600,32
the 800,600 is the screen resolutions, and the 32 is just the colour depth.

and for those who want to change the caption of the game (the words that appear along the top), wait til version 1.09
comes out its full of new tricks such as minimize, maximize and so on...

No, but I'm looking for one...

Doesn't DarkBASIC support .3ds files on their own? The homepage says that it does. Would suck if I have to convert all my .3ds models into .x file format...

(yeah, that's right, I'm kind of new at DB so a little help would be greatly appreciated)

Thanx!

Demon971
Administrator/Founder
DEMON ARTS ENTERTAINMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back