Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

X axis labels on a graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigiep

Programmer
Oct 22, 2002
AU
Is it possible to set the x-axis labels at an angle of 45 degrees, rather than vertical / horizontal ?

Also, does anyone have any useful hints for creating "excel quality" graphs as gif files ? eg fonts / types / sizes etc. The graph's I'm creating at the moment can be blurred, jagged, and difficult to read.. altogether not too great ! Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Go to the information builders website and download the Perspective for Java Programmers Manual (it's an acrobat file) it covers how to changes font sizes, colours, graph types etc.

If you can't get at it there, post your e-mail address and I'll forward it to you.

As to the angle of axis labels, I've had a quick look, and all the manual says is that you can have is at 90 or 270 degrees, it doesn't mention a 45 degree option. Also on most webfocus graphs the x-axis is actually the o-axis (ordinate).

Thanks Tewy, I already have the manual, although not in pdf - this looks better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back