Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WYSIWYG Quark Xtension? Is there one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

proproductsjim

Technical User
Aug 30, 2004
US
I have Quark 6.01 and would like to see my typefaces displayed in their actual true form in the pulldown font menu. Years ago when I had Quark 3.0 I had an Xtension that would do this but haven't been able to find one again. Does such an animal exist?

I did. Didn't see anything like what I am looking for. Have since talked to several people who are experts on Quark and it appears that no such animal exists.

Hey,

Personally I wouldn’t suggest using it even if it did exist, slows down the menu huge I know someone here at work likes having that turned on in MS Word, It chugs when you pick fonts.

I would just use Extensis Suitcase, it has a nice font preview for all your font sets, nice searching features. Have all your normal, heavy use fonts activated and when using other fonts browse through and temporarily activate them as you need them. It also installs a slick plugin for quark, illustrator and indesign which auto activates your fonts as you open files up. Helps when you have 10,000+ fonts. I’ve been converted from ATM.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back