Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

www.webpage.jhtml opens very very slow in WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesNash

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2003
AU
Hi all, I have a Windows 2000 machine and a Windows XP, both are up to date, yet when I try going to a webpage like using Windows XP it takes ages... When i'm using Windows 2000 it's quick as lightning? any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

James.

thanks for the info linney, but i have now tried it on 3 other winxp machines and it does the same thing... i also harrassed 2 other win2k machines and it works fast on them...

i deleted all the temp files in IE and it still does the same thing...

cheers,

jj.

OK it is all XP machines but is it just that one site causing problems (might be quicker to use the telephone book)?

Are we at SP2?

How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 2

Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Connect to Secure Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP

Although these mention Secure sites the troubleshooting tips are pretty general.

hey linney, yes all of the machines i tried are running SP2 and it's not just that particular page thats causing the problem, any page ending with .jhtml

i've checked out the link but it doesn't really talk about java, which is what i think the problem might be?

thanks again,...

jj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back