Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

www.messenger on Partner: Does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fshaw

Programmer
May 12, 2006
US
I have a prospect looking at Partner Messaging. He is uses voicemail to e-mail with another provider. I have never looked at before. I cannot find much documentation. Does it work? Does it require an on-site exchange server or does it use smtp?

Thanks,
Frank

is a web based mailbox aplication. You can put the IP of the partner messaging into a web browser and connect to your mailbox. Then you can control what number the VM calls when you check a VM and you can see your messages on there and control the playback. THere is also unified messaging on the Partner messaging and you can do it with a local Exchange server or you can do it with just SMTP. with SMTP it does not sync with your phone. So if you get a message you end up with it in both places. with exchange you can sync it up. So when you check it in your email it shows as checked in your email and vise versa. Hope this helps.

Adding to what kwing112000 said, I just want to point out that I had the same Unified Messaging-to-Exchange setup working flawlessly on a Win2k3 box, up until about a year and a half ago, when apparently a Microsoft "fix" clobbered something in Unified Messaging.

I'm sorry to say that I haven't been able to make it work since then. This is compounded by the fact that unified Messaging is not supported on 2k3 (though it did work fine in the first place) and the fact that Avaya states that a number of MS KB fixes do cause problems, but their matrix does not get granular enough to know which fix specifically causes trouble with Unified Messaging.

If anyone here has experienced the same problem, and subsequently got it resolved, I would be very interested in the resolution. I MISS UNIFIED MESSAGING :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back