Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WTX8.2 XML/DTD - failures..

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrs1008

Programmer
Sep 16, 2003
US
We are using WTX 8.2.0.2 on Windows.

We got new version of the dtd from our partner for the XML they are sending us. We created the type tree out of it.

While testing, Test XML sent by the partner has link defined for the dtd path(" Due to this map is failing with "One or more input is invalid".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE cXML SYSTEM "~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems WTX8.2 map needs dtd at runtime. As mentioned below, If I replace the dtd path with the local one, it will execute the map successfully.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE cXML SYSTEM "InvoiceDetail.dtd">

So far we were running the map on Mercator 6.7 and it was working fine with the link there.

Here in WTX 8.2, can we make the typetree/map independent of DTD location??

Regards,
Vibhav1008

In 8.1 the DTD is used to validate the input. One possible error is "-11 URL of the DTD against which the input instance is validated, is malformed". This is also true for XML schemas. The schema must be in the same location as the .mmc file. I have not worked in 8.2 yet.

try using classic validation..I created typr tree with this validation in 8.2. My type tree is not looking any xls schema at run time.
Thanks,
Rami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back