Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WTF please help with website...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxervio

Technical User
Dec 28, 2002
US
Ok i can't figure out wtf is going on with my website. I woke up this morning to my computer being off. i restarted it and it's working but now my website won't work at all. i host everything off my computer with apache and all the latest software. i run 5-6 message baords also from here and they don't work. nothing works. according to the DNS server (NO-IP) and my domain register place everything is working fine. My IP address has not changed and apche is running fine in the background along with Mysql. Can anyone figure out any remote possiblility why my website is not working???

I agree - we need a little more to go on. Even your url would be a great help. That way we could tell you where your problem is.

First, do you use a firewall or home routing device?
Second, do you have any configuration errors in httpd.conf?
(Check by running apachectl -t)
Make sure that your virtualhosts and or default config is fine
Lastly, just make sure that you've got apache running fine by inspecting ps -ax

Regards

Rninja

smlogo.gif

i just don't understand how anything could change, my IP didn't change. i didn't change any settings in my router or any settings with the server on my computer. i will try those error tests but i don't think anything will come up.

i went to telnet and tried to connet to my ip on port 80 and got "could not open connection to the host, on port 80: connect failed." why did all of a sudden this change in my system?? maybe someone hacked into my machine?

apache starts up with windows and is running in the background with the little green arrow saying that it is running properly.

mmm haven't checked them yet, i'm at work atm so can't get to the comp. I just don't understand cause i haven't changed any settings at all. it should still be working properly. i checked the apache config file and everything looks fine. only thing i changed in config to see if it would help was bind apache to a specific ip address which was 65.28.32.39 at port 80

We can speculate endlessly, particularly if we're talking about Win32. Any one of a number of things could have caused this problem, including the phase of the Moon.

Check your logs the first chance you get.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!

Binding apache to that address is most likely the problem. Apache does not know what that address is when you are behind a router - that is the router's public IP address, not the machine's private IP address. Apache needs to be listening on 192.168.x.x (your private ip address) or on * (all ip addresses that your ethernet card(s) have).

well i will switch it back then i was just trying new things out before i left for work to see if i could find out the problem.

there seems to be quite a few HTTP errors in the error folder under the apache directory.

i see nothing at all, i looked thru and then erased them to see if some would pop back up and nothing has returned, i restarted the server and went and visited my pages again still nothing. this is frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back