Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WSUS-can't connect to server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2004
US
I have a new win03 server. It is going to be app server. I installed IIS, SQL, and WSUS. I received no errors. I initiated synchronization with Microsoft, still everything fine. I then created a gpo to connect clients with WSUS server, I verified gpo was applied to client. I checked my WSUS console at the server and clients aren't showing up. I am having two problems,

One is I can't access the WSUSadmin console remotely.
I am also getting an error on the console when I open it up at the server, it states: one or more update services could not be contacted, check your sever status and ensure the Windows Update Server Service is running, Non-running services: Selfupdate.

I checked the services and there is no service called: Windows server update service.

What is going on?

Network Admin
A+, Network+, MCSA 2000, MCSE 2000

I figured it out. Sp1 on win03 was blocking the critical port.

Network Admin
A+, Network+, MCSA 2000, MCSE 2000

Just out of curiosity. Did you have any problems installing the MSDE when setting up WSUS?

Anthony

What port was SP1 blocking?

WSUS needs SP1 installed to run according to Microsoft.

I had no problem installing the WMSDE ( Shipped with WSUS ).

Thanx,

Lon

How do I remove the password on the console for WSUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back