Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WSUS 3 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckG

MIS
Feb 28, 2001
US
I know this is the SMS forum, but there doesn't seem to be one dedicated to WSUS, so I thought I'd ask here.

Trying to install WSUS 3 onto a 2003 SP1 system.
Following the Guide for installing, I made sure everything it needed was loaded before starting the install.

The install went through without any errors. But after I had clicked OK, a few seconds later a box popped up that said

"An unexpected error occurred, and this wizard must be closed. You may restart the WSUS Server Configuration Wizard from the Options page in the WSUS 3.0 console"

I've tried going into the console, and it tells me that
"Cannot connect to 'SERVERNAME'. The server may be using another port or different Secured Sockets Layer setting"

I printed the screen out during setup showing port and server name, and I'm entering it correctly.

Any suggestions on how to be able to run this WSUS Server Configuration Wizard?

Thanks
ChuckG

I am having the EXACT same issue over here. Anyone have any ideas or can you direct me to the proper forum?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back