Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WSS 3.0 and browser-compatible forms for InfoPath Forms Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessed2

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2006
US
I am using WSS 3.0 and I have Infopath 2007. I created a form using Infopath 2007 and I set the form up to be web browser enabled but I am getting the following error message when I publish the form to a sharepoint forms library:

"This form template is browser-compatible, but it cannot be browser-enabled
on the selected site."

"This may be caused by.."

"- The Server is not running InfoPath Forms Services"
- The necessary features are not available on the site collection.
- The policy setting on the server does not allow users to browser-enable
form templates. "

I went to the Central Administration and looked under Application Management settings to see if I saw the settings for InfoPath Forms Services, but it was not listed. So my question is, does Infopath Forms Services come with WSS 3.0. If it does, how do I install it. If it does not, is it available as a download somewhere. Or better yet, why am I getting the above mentioned error and how can I correct the problem.
Thanks in advance!

I have the same issue as mentioned with InfoPath and WSS 3.0.

Infopath Forms Services is contained in Microsoft Office SharePoint Services 2007 (MOSS 2007), not WSS. WSS is a free download onto Windows Server 2003 (you probably know this) but MOSS 2007 must be purchased. I do not beleive you need to get the Enterprise version of MOSS 2007, however you might want to check with a vendor on that point.

JohnQTech

John
assuming we can only use WSS 3.0, what would be the best way to enhance development on WSS 3.0? i mean what are the best tools?
i am only using downloaded templates, i need to make more profit using WSS 3.0.. what do you suggest?
thanks

assuming we can only use WSS 3.0, what would be the best way to enhance development on WSS 3.0? i mean what are the best tools?
i am only using downloaded templates, i need to make more profit using WSS 3.0.. what do you suggest?
thanks

Develop either in .net as web parts which can then be installed into SharePoint or use Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer

Develop either in .net as web parts which can then be installed into SharePoint or use Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer

the sharepoint designer comes only with office 2007? any tools in office 2003?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back