Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wsreg32.exe locking workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaa69

Programmer
Nov 12, 2001
US
Have a problem, on NT and 2000 and XP boxes after loggin in the results screen appears and hangs. This can go on for 20-60 minutes. If we stop wsreg32.exe from running by stopping the process it will clear and run normal. Any ideas of what can be causing this and what we need to do to resolve the problem. Net Admin ran a DSRepair on a few of the Novell servers thinking this would help. Any ideas TIDs would be appreciated. I'm posting this because I have to help the users, the Net Admin has more important things to do besides fix these little minor problems.

Are you running wsreg32.exe from the login script? What happens if you run it manually? If running ZFD3 or 4, can you ping zenwsimport and is it pointing to the import server?

From what I can tell it is running from the login script I have no idea about running it manually. The Net Admin set all this stuff up and he is to busy to fix this issue. I'm asking because I have to jump up every 10 minutes to help users get into thier computers. So I'm sorry but I can not get a lot of detail, it is secret Admin stuff that the rest of the staff is not allowed to know about.

Going to be hard to test with out your admin's help. Going to make some assumptions so let me know if something isn't quite right.

Try logging into a workstation without running the workstation. From the novell login screen, click on the advanced button and uncheck the box for run scripts. Going to guess at this point the workstation won't lock up. Double check to see if the wsreg service is running again.

What does the wsreg32.log file show? Any errors?

Does the wsreg32.exe file exist on the c:\ drive? Try running it from the c:\ drive instead and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back