Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wsadmin jacl/tcl scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFrison

Programmer
Jan 21, 2004
IT
Hi All,

I'm developing some tcl/jacl scripts for WAS5.
I have to deploy, update, stop, etc various applications, but I can't find any in-depth documentation concerning the internal functions ($AdminApp, $AdminConfig, ) of the wsadmin tcl-interpreter.
Till now I've working with the $Help function but often the descriptions are not so detailed.

Any Suggestion?

thansk and forgive my awful english.

Hi FFrison,
I'm working now on the same scripts as you. I can recommend you You can search there following document

sg246195 - IBM WebSphere Application Server V5.0 System Management and Configuration WebSphere - Handbook Series.pdf

have a nice day
Milan
xmasm1@seznam.cz

P.S. Maybe is possible to get your scripts? It will help me and get faster my work :). Maybe you have find some web resource for jacl language reference too?

Well thanks, but the redbook's examples about JACL scripting are quite basic.
BTW I've found a couple of more specific code-samples on the infocenter (try searching "wsadmin" and "shared library").
The best doc on jacl websphere scripting is "WSAdminDoc.PDF". I found it talking with an IBM guy on the IBM newsgroup... It's really a "must have".

Does anybody know if JACL supports method overloading?

I'm also looking for this document - WSAdminDoc.PDF

does any one have a copy then can forward to me??

Hi all,

I'm desperatly trying to get a hold off any documentation on wsadmin. It would be really helpful if someone would give a link to WSAdminDoc.pdf. I've had a look at IBM's site, and also tried googling IBM with no luck.

Or if you could forward the pdf to me that would be great.

Thanks

I would also love a link to wsadmindoc.pdf. Please email it to me if possible.

karl dot brown @ trilogy dot com

Did anyone find the WSAdminDoc.PDF file? I am in great need of it.

Thanks,
Mike

Could somebody forward me the WSAdminDoc.pdf ? Thanks in advance. My email is

sharda_nv@hotmail dot com

I have been unable to find the document, but I have found some helpful hint:

-Remember jacl is simple tcl with wsadmin capabilities. some tcl documentation can be found at:
-Everything in jacl can be done through wsadmin. So get to know the capabilities of wsadmin. If you can do it in wsadmin, transfering it to jacl is trivial. The general documentation for jacl is here: but you should be able to find specifics in other parts of the ibm websphere help system:
-Last of all, remember that almost everything is xml based, particularly the AdminConfig. If you use puts to output the object you are working with you can see the name of the xml file it is based on. I have found this extremely useful since I am able to see what options are pre-defined.

I hope this helps
Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back