Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WS won´t detect MICROS 5.4 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4rid

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2017
VE
Hi!

I´ve been testing MICROS RES5.4 and I did the installation as it says on the manual, after the installation I turned off the Windows 7 Firewall, but the workstations won´t see the server for further configuration.

After that I tried typing the IP for both clients manually but it doens´t work either.

It´s happening with a WS5A and a W7 X64 computer which I´m installing the CAL Client. In both cases, the server selection list appears in blank.

Is there anything else that I can try or that I´m missing?

Thanks a lot!

On the server, Disconnect the NIC used for internet. Just leave the micros networked NIC plugged in. Then , re-CAl

If that doesn't work try manually setting the ip of the workstation in control panel/network adapter, then re-run cal config

On the server if you have 2 NIC, then disable the one which is not using.

restart MICROS CAL SERVICE and disable firewal and antivirus on client and on server

Hi!

I´m testing the DB in a normal computer, which only has one network port.

I already tried setting the IP of the WS manually but seems like it doesn´t work either.

I turned off the firewall after the installation and then tried to configure the WS, also, it doesn´t have any antivirus since it´s only for testing purpose.

I tried to re-install MICROS again and it shows the same thing.

Everything looks good on the hosts files.

Any idea what else should I do?

This issues i always face,
i add the computer name and ip address manually and it works fine to me.

Network Card needs to have the micros IP dress set static. (same one as in the host file)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back