Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wrong time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2009
CZ
Supervisors believes that time in historical reports is one hour ahead. This supports report Call-by-Call statistic when we are unable to do statistic between (0 – 1hour ago) and calls are shown only (1 – 1,25 hour ago). This problem is probably related to change of NTP server.

For more information see attachment (on-line document containing screenshot, no download neccesary, on-line preview available)

Does the server time, and the pbx time match? Are both tied to your NTP server? Are your patches, (switch and contact center) up to date?

if hist reports are off, your Symposium server time is incorrect.

Mato' Was'aka

Do you have a maint. agreement with a vendor? If so, I'd suggest giving them a call to at least, check your patch level and time issue. Open a ticket with them, highlighting exactly what you posted here, and they should be able to check your patch levels and adjust accordingly

bigindian65: but Symposium server (sccsprague) time is corrects - thats the point.

pbxn: I did that but dealing with vendor is a difficult and time consuming and usually I find someone on this forum who is better than vendor itself

Time to get a new vendor then if it is difficult and they arent that good!

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Johnthephoneguy: Good idea but this is decision of my manager and he consider also money issues. Of course we get what we pay for but I could not do anything with it.

adjust the time incorrect to reflect correct reporting time.

Mato' Was'aka

bigindian65: that's the point - the time on servers seem to be correct

IF the time on the server and the switch are in sync.. look at your offset on the symposium server.. someones told it that it lives in another time zone.. if your cdr time stamp is right, then the trouble is on the symposium, if that time stamp is off as well, look a ld 117 for the offset..

when you find it, use the "found" hour to find a better vendor..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

offset seems alright, it is UTC+2.00 - that's summer central european time (Prague). Concerning CDR - I do not know where I can find them.

Just as a note Symposium pulls time from PBX print out your NTP and post here: Key is to confirm the UTC Offset is correct.

>ld 117
OAM000

=> prt ntp
Primary IP Address: 172.0.0.0
Primary Key ID: 0
Secondary IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Secondary Key ID: 0
Minimum Threshold: 1
Warning Threshold: 6
Maximum Threshold: 16
Security Mode for Primary: INSECURE
Security Mode for Secondary: INSECURE
Time Interval and Offset: 24 30
Synchronization Status: ACTIVE
Mode of Synchronization: BACKGROUND
UTC Offset: -6:00
Mode of communication: CS

Also to note there is a patch for the TIME offset from Nortel mplr28064 for NTP issues with release 5.5 systems

the symposium server gets it time from the pbx also day light savings time must be turned off on the sysmposium server.

Also forgot to add when we started using NTP without the patch you have to move the offset ahead one hour (If I remember correct)for systems to get right time, once patch is installed the offset can be set to correct time zone offset. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back