Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wrong time when sending an email 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpadilla

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2002
US
Hi I've began to notice that my PDC also my exchange server has started to give the wrong time. I have sync the time with tick.usno.navy.mil. But the problem is this, the pdc has a time of 9:42am when i send an email it shows at time of 8:42am, I change the time on the exchange server to 10:42am and when i send an email is shows the correct time 9:42am. IS this a bug??? any suggestions?? I'm running exhchange enterprise server 2000, on a PDC.

thx
G.

Your time zone is either off on your server, or on the client machine that's sending the e-mail.

Check the time zone settings on both the server and client machine by double-clicking on the time displayed down in the systray.

Outlook may also have been set seperately to a different time zone. To check it, go to Tools -> Options, on the general tab click on Calendar options, the Time Zone, and make sure it's using the same time zone as everything else.

Marc Creviere

thx for the reply Marc, Both server and client have the same timezone set correctly. Outlook is set right, nothing was changed to begin with. Its weird how it just started happening, every hour i have to be moving the server an hour ahead so that emails sent and received show the correct time. I have syncd the PDC/exchange server to the navy ntp server, but i'm still getting this weird problem.

thx
G.

Has it maybe started happening since daylight savings started?

Marc Creviere

Nope, it was fine yesterday... I noticed this today. I checked the event viewer and I saw a few w32time errors. So i re-synced the server with the navy ntp server, since then those errors have gone away, but i'm still seeing this exchange/time phenomenon...

-G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back