Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wrong time on Avaya IPO Linux 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

alarmologist

Technical User
Mar 9, 2021
US
Hi,

I have an IPO Linux Application Server and an IP 500 V2 IP Office (11.0.4.3). The time on the Application Server is wrong. This appears to have changed recently, but we have made no changes. The time on IP Office (IP 500) is configured to SNTP in the Manager application. This is the only place I know to configure time on either system.

The time displayed in the IP Office System Status application is off by about 1:20 and the date is months off, so I don't think it's time zone or DST. The time displayed in that application is for the IPO Linux. The time stamps for voicemails are wrong on my users' phones, but the times on the phones are correct (DHCP for phones has time server option set to the same server as IP Office). The times for recordings in the Media Manager are also correct.

The web version of IPO Manager doesn't work, I don't think it ever has. It says I need IE, but it doesn't work in IE either. So I need a solution that doesn't require that. Everything else in the web interface does work, but I usually use the desktop version of the Manager application.

How can I change the time on the IPO Linux? Can they be made to sync?

Thanks

Is the BIOS date and time correct on the server? Check and correct.

It may be caused by a low battery but these usually last for years even if the server is off.

ipohead: It's only a year old and I doubt I'm allowed to mess with that, I'd have to call the vendor.

I think bignose21 pointed me in the right direction. IT has an NTP server configured by name, but it doesn't have a DNS server configured. If correcting that doesn't fix it, I'll try the BIOS next.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back