Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wrong time on 7960's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2003
US
Anybody else having this issue today? We are on 4.2(3)SR1 and all of our 7960's are 1 hour behind. The 7970/61's are fine.

Cisco's response is to install the latest and greatest DEVpack. (31 or higher) We are currently at DEVpack 04.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

This is obviously a phone load issue. You can try to upgrade the phone load for the 7960's or install the latest device pack as TAC recommended. Just be aware that installing the latest device pack will upgrade ALL your phones firmware if the existing load is not the same.

Most of my phones fixed themselves when I reset them.

Give it a try!

SaraVN
Cisco Unified Call Manager 4.2
Cisco Unity Connection 1.2
Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.1

We tried that...no dice. Even with physical diconnect of the cable. Since this only affected the 7960's we created a Date/Time Group with -4 Atlantic time and pointed all of the 7960's to it. (via BAT) That involved creating another Device pool as well.

Thanks

I had the same problem with some of the phones here at my work. All I did was change the time zone for the phones and all is well. From what I found that our old Network Admin didn't do is reinstall the update from CISCO for the two week compensation we should have had due in part to daylight savings this year. I haven't found or installed this updated but when I do I'll see if this fixes it, but for now I've got it rigged, pretty much what a shady tree mechanic would do, lol!

Scott

Judah, I had the same friggin problem as well and it took me MONTHS fighting with Cisco tech's to get it solved. Still they didn't even fix it... I upgraded and installed all kinds of crap for them. I was doing what HopNDude said, just using the wrong timezone.. I wasn't happy with that.

Long story short, I went to the registry of a Windows Server that showed the correct time, exported the entire HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\TimeZones and imported it on our CCM's. that finally did the trick.

Hope that helps you.. just be sure to create a backup of your TimeZones if you go that route.

Field Notice: FN - 62669 - U.S. Daylight Saving Time Policy Changes for Cisco CallManager/Communications Manager

Document ID: 81997

Revised November 2, 2007

The 7906, 7911, 7921, 7941, 7961, 7970, 7971 phones require a new phone load that incorporates the Daylight Saving Time changes. The necessary phone resolution for 2007 and higher US Daylight Saving Time is present in the following phone loads or Device Packages.

Cisco Unified IP Phone firmware load

8.2(2)sr1 standalone phone load or higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back