Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wrong (old) endpoint number displayed on twinned mobile device when calling 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafetz

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2011
DE
Hi,

I have an endpoint with the number 378 that was 188 five years ago. I have another endpoint 375 with a twinned mobile device. When I use 378 to call 375 I can see "378" on the display of the 375 device. But on the twinned device I see +49xxxxxxxxx188.
When I use 378 to call the number of the mobile device I can see +49xxxxxxxxx378 on the display of the mobile device.
I have almost searched through all settings of IP Office but couldn't find the right one so far.

Any suggestions where this might be?

Best regards

Thank you very much for helping. Indeed I have an incoming call routing so that customers knowing the old number still can reach the person.
And if I delete this routing I get the correct number on the display the twinned device.

I think after five years the deleted routing probably isn't necessary any more, but I do not fully understand why this happened. Would the routing not only have matched if the incoming number would have been +49xxxxxxxxx188? Was this the case?

This ICR entries are needed for twinning of internal callers to external targets. Usually the original caller number is sent to the target. But since you only have three or four digits as original caller ID in those cases you have to have another way to set the full outgoing caller ID. This is where IPO looks into the ICR table.

Viel Erfolg 😉

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

Thank you very much for your help!

Wieder 'was gelernt [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back