Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wrong/missing audio-codec on movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a few (divX)movies that i can't play - i CAN play them, the video-codec is working, but i dont have audio.

WMPlayer7.1 (and the 7.0 too and the Throttlebox Viewer) try to download a codec, but it says 'doesnt work properly' - Throttlebox viewer says it couldnt download at all.
In the properties of the files it said (before i re-installed WMPlayer) the codec is 'Windows Media Audio Codec V2' - after reinstalling WMPlayer it says 'unknown codec'.

Fact is, that a friend of mine CAN play the files properly, but on his system it says 'unknown codec' too - and he never installed any audio codecs except the Fraunhofer (i also installed) and never updated WMPlayer.

I have absolutely no clue why it doesnt work on my system (Win2k) - anyone can help me ?

If i forgot to give any missing information about my system and/or software, let me know.

thx,

GelSe

Do you know any good sites to get divx movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back