Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wrong Forum but please look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kherozen

Programmer
Jun 5, 2003
CA
Hi,
(I know it's the wrong forum but I think that's the one with the most activity on it so I got more chance to get an answer )

I just transfer my Database from my computer(with a Sql server on it) to the server (with SQL server on it too) I got access to it that's ok I can play with the forms and data.
but I can't open(even in design mode) most of the tables, there's no Error message most of the time but some tables show that message "the field index is read-only" or "the stored procedure succeed but return no result" or
"can use Select * FROM dbo.[Client Info]" when I double click to open [Client Info]

any ideas what could cause that?!

If I reconnected the db to the SQL server on my computer, tables open fine ... I doubt of a permission problem since all the tables were created by me under the same circumstance

jul ^_^
"Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes"
E. W. Dijkstra.

"I doubt of a permission problem since all the tables were created by me under the same circumstance"

That's a dangerous assumption. Permissions tables might have been deleted etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back