Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wrong Character Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

technokoz

MIS
Jun 12, 2008
US
Here's the scenerio. Network running Small Business Server 2003. When they send out an email message, it is going out with the KOI8-R (Cyrillic) character set. I've gone into Exchange System Manager and changed the default character sets under Global Settings/Internet Message Format. It was originally set to Western European (ISO) and I changed it to US-ASCII. The message still goes out with the Cyrillic character set. I went in and checked their Mail Format/International Options inside Outlook. Is was showing Western European as well.

I also searched the registry to see if I could find it there. Do you know anywhere else that this could be set?

The character set (i.e the encoding options) can be set in Group Policy.

Look Under User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office Outlook %version%\Tools | Options\Mail Format\International Options

In the encoding options you can select what encoding you want to use for outgoing messages.

Regards,
Dave

Went into the Group Policy Manager and checked all the GPO. There is nothing set for Office.

Where to next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back