Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wrong account when replying

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbregman

Technical User
Jun 9, 2003
US
I recently switched from the IO version to the CW verision of Outlook 2000 SR-1. I have my exchange account and two POP accounts set-up. When I reply to mail received on my POP account it sends it via my Exchange account and shows that as the reply-to address.

With the IO version this did not happen. I was also able to choose which account to use when sending a new email. With the CW version installed, this option seems to have gone away.

I cannot believe that I am the only person to have this issue with Outlook/Exchange.

Any help is greatly appreaciated.

Thanks in advance,

David

I had the same problem... and this is how I got around it...

1. In AD on my username, I included all the POP accounts that I use as possible E-mail addresses for my account.
IE, if I have my exchange account being bob@hello.org, that would be my default, but I also entered jill@yahoo.com; and bill@hotmail.com to my e-mail account lists (if you need help with this... just ask.

2. Then open up outlook on your pc.

3. Go in as if you are going to create a new e-mail.

4. Click view

5. Choose "From Field"

now, whenever you get a message, you can input the address you want to reply from.

Hope that helps you like it helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back