Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Writing to MAS90 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocGrimm

Programmer
Mar 16, 2004
US
I've done some searching here in the forums, and I can't seem to find any posts about writing back to the MAS90 tables from, say MS Access or VB.

What I'm looking to do is this:

I need to be able to bulk update the field NonTaxableSalesAmount in ARL_RepetitiveInvoiceHeader from outside of MAS90.

Any connection I make allows me read access, but not write.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Do you have the visual integrator module?

ChaZ

There Are 10 Types Of People In The world:
Those That Understand BINARY And Those That Don’t.

Yes, and that's the route I've just started down. My hope was to go another route however.

Basically, we have someone who does bulk changes to hundreds of records in this file. She really only makes 3 group changes, but the way the interface was set up she has to do them one at a time, for a couple hours of the same work using a macro.

With an external program I could just sort the records I want and update each group en masse, and they don't have to import, export, etc. Just enter 3 values, and hit a button, have the whole thing done in seconds.

The tests work when I have the table imported into an access db. But not when I try to write directly to MAS90.

So, instead, I'm having the data pulled in, writing it to a csv, then creating an integrator job to port in the new csv.

It a solution works, but its frustrating since the data is RIGHT THERE. I just can't write to it.

If you do a search for updated drivers, you can find some that will write, but all my attempts at making it work fail. It works, looks good, but Mas sees the table as corrupt after, so I don't advise it.

It is frustrating, I agree. But the good news is you can use your access application to read data, modify what you need, create the CSV, and run the VI job with your user just pressing a single button.

If you need help with that part, I would be happy to assist.

ChaZ

Thanks for that, I got VI under control for now, but I may look you up if I get in over my head.

In other news, I just heard that there should be an 'official' ODBC driver update sometimet his fall that lets you write back to the tables.

Here's hoping.

Blorf,

could you help us to integrate our mas90 with online e-commerce solution?

oscommerce, monstercommerce or anything else you think is better.

please e-mail me and we can discuss about everything else, like $.

thanks,
khang

Hi.

I really don't know whats involved. Hopefully I can help with out so much time that money is involved. Can you give more info?

ChaZ

I understand that corruption when writing directly to a file in MAS is likely, but I would like to give it a try since my intent is actually to delete records from a table in bulk (one time deal).

I have not been able to execute a delete operation because of an error that states the database is open in read-only mode.

I would like to get my hands on a read/write odbc driver, but have had no success.

Any suggestions or alternate methods for deleting thousands of records in bulk?

Can I ask which table?

Hopefully Im1 or Gl1.

Thanks,
ChaZ

No, PO1 is good.

OK, think along these lines.

PO1 has PO Number as primary Key, so..

If you use a VI job to import into PO1, with existing PO numbers, and only write the PO Date and Date Closed, and use some ancient date, say 1/1/1990, then you have all the PO's listed as old old old, so, if you run your PO period end processing, select only "Purge Obsolete Purchase Orders" and give it an appropriate date, then

Walahh (I don't know how to spell walahh) there you go.

Hope that helps,
ChaZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back