Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Writing to a existing web page on the WWW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I want to write (update) a file on the web (a file that I don't own). They are called Free-For-All-Links, they are CGI based and I was wondering if anyone had code, suggestions on how to write to a web file and update it. If you need more info please e-mail me at mailto:AdTrax@hotmail.com

Not exactly.. you don't need to write to the page, what you need to do is structure a call to the CGI with a web browser control.. like..<br>
"(note, this is only an example, i quit using the links for all script because of people like this spamming my links page).<br>
You will get back the text of the page that tells you that your link has been added. Parse for a common phrase (do a few by hand to see what's on all of them), and write to a log file whether or not it was successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back