Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

writing text on top of full-page graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

anita04

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
US
I am trying to add a text box on a full-page graphic. The text box seems to go behind the graphic and I cannot bring to front or bring forward.

What am I doing wrong? The order does not seem to be correct and I cannot figure out what I should be doing?

Select the graphic and go to Object/Arrange and Move to Back.

If the text box is buried beneath the graphic, select the graphic and go to Object/select and pick Next Object Below. Then go to Object/arrange and Move to Front.

Make sure you have Normal View Mode - not preview mode - selected on the tools pallette so you can see your bounding boxes.

I have tried to send the graphic to back and bring the text box to front but it does seem to do it. All I can (even if I bring text box to front) is a box with a red + sign in the outbox. As soon as I drag the box away from the graphic it reads fine and there is no overflow of text.

I moved it back and forth several times?!!!!

sounds like you accidentally put a text wrap on your graphic?

Take the text wrap off and it should work fine

Joe

For the caption text box, select it using a pointer tool and select "Object" "Text Frame Options" (Cmd-B on a Mac). Then the last item is a checkbox to specify that this text frame will ignore text wrap. That's how you can get a caption or callout to extend across a text wrap that keeps your body text away from the graphic.

I agree you probably have a text wrap on the graphic. Also check to make sure the graphic isn't on a layer that's in front of the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back