Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Writing final video. NEED HELP FAST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybirdxkj

Technical User
Apr 21, 2001
US
I am in a hurry to finish up a video for an anniversery project and have all the video and audio compiled and rendered but when i try to put the final movie together, premier comes up with the error message: error writing movie.
I press ok and then it says: error making movie (disk full?)
I have tried different comppresors to no avail. Please help!!! Oh yeah, I'm using premier 5.1 on a pentium three machine and 190 megs of ram. Thanx.

how long is your movie?
u can't make movie whit the whole movie ,u try to make movie every 5 min ! so if your story is 30 min ,u should make movie 6 times,just try it,because i'll do this every time i burn to cd...ok.bye good luck

Hey thanx harlif for the advice. That wasnt the problem though. I did figure it out. It turns out that my sound card is a p.o.s. and wont support encoding audio on the fly with video so i ended up just leaving the audio uncompressed and put the video in divx. We had the presentation of it today and it was awesome. For those of you who have read my previous posts about this project and responded (oldnewbie), I thank you so much! It went perfect. This forum has been a lifesaver. :)

hi..i have a similar problem. i have a movie that is about 9min long. i can export the video portion to an avi file via the divx compression, but i cannot export the movie with audio or export the audio separately. the sound files i am using are 44.1 stereo .wav files..all are the same format. i have a creative ensoniq pci sound card and wonder if it is the problem?..i have used cheaper programs to create avi files in the past with the same audio formats (personal avi editor and such), so i'm really perplexed as to why premere 5.1 is freaking out and giving me the disk full error whenever i try to export the audio..everything previews fine....i'm a newbie to this.

my system specs:

win98 se
p3 933
256mb pc133 RAM
nVidia geforce 2 gts 32mb
creative ensoniq pci sound card
adobe premiere 5.1

any ideas? i'm gonna try to export the audio uncompressed but i really don't want that.

thanks.

Hey Shag, I left the audio uncompressed and it really didnt make the files that big - if your files are already in wav format, it will leave them like that if you choose uncompressed. Hopefully premier wont fuss about that. I hope you can get it to work! Keep us updated.

Jaybirdxkj

well..i did that...with uncompressed audio and divx, fast motion video my file was 139mb. with the same video compression and the audio with MS-ADPCM the file was roughly 70mb..a big difference...i do have some filters on the audio...and the audio is .wav's converted from mp3's.

funny, i tried the divx, mpeg layer-3, voxware, and indeo codecs on the audio and all of these gave the error..the MS-ADPCM was the only one to work..and i get a little noise with that compression...oh well...like i said i'm a newbie to this...might be my sound card..i dunno.

thanks a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back