Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

write new queries but not allow deleting/editing of some queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonikudi

Technical User
Sep 9, 2007
US
Hello,

Is there anyway i can make my front end such that the user cannot edit or delete some queries but he/she should be allowed to write, delete, edit, execute any new queries.

note that when my front end opens the access interface is hidden the user cannot see the database window...just the mainswitch board.

i want to have a button in the main switch board window saying "write query" and then allow the user to write and execute queries.

Any idea how to go about doing this?

Thanks

Maybe something like...

Code:
Sub temp()

Dim qry As DAO.QueryDef

Set qrys = CurrentDb.QueryDefs

Set qry = CurrentDb.CreateQueryDef("TempQRY", "Select Temp.* From Temp")
    qry.Close
    Set qry = Nothing
    DoCmd.OpenQuery "TempQRY", acViewDesign

End Sub

Take a look at the QBF applet found at I have 100s of users creating query/reports in many different applications using this tool. The system uses a couple tables to store information required to create a SQL statement on the fly. This query is then displayed in a datasheet subform with buttons to easily send the results to print, Excel, Word Merge, Word Table, CSV, HTML, Graph, Form Letter,...

Duane MS Access MVP
Now help me support United Cerebral Palsy

hey dhookom thanks...i might actually be able to use this in my access app. How do i include just my tables in the zstblQBFSource??

To implement this applet in your mdb, create some "master" queries and name them beginning with "<". Then delete my sample records from the zstbl... tables.

I'm not sure if the version on the web has the ability to create the shell of a pivot table which is something I added recently.

Duane MS Access MVP
Now help me support United Cerebral Palsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back