Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Write hyperlink to email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naith

Programmer
May 14, 2002
GB
Hey,

I'm pretty certain the answer to this is no, but I figured I'd pitch it at the wise and many before I looked at the alternative.

In the same way as it's possible to schedule a report to email, do any of you guys know if it's possible to pass the hyperlink of the report output to email, as opposed to sending the report attachment?

Thanks,

Naith

Hey Naith,

It is not possible in CE8.5 but this feature is incluses in CE9.0 which is already out.

Vishal

I have CE 9, and I have seen that this feature has been added, but I'm not sure it does what I'm looking for. I tried it, but I didn't get a hyperlink, just a blank email message. If you have used it extensively, can you explain whether or not the actual hyperlink used is emailed, and if so, if it routes directly to the report instance. I saw that you could email a viewer link, but I thought it indicated that the view link (%SI_VIEWER_URL%) had to be setup in the CMC. This doesn't sound like what I'm looking for. Am I missing something, and if so, can someone clarify?

Thanks.

Did you get an answer on this?
I have run into the same issue?

To define the URL that this variable displays, complete the following steps:

1. Log on to the Crystal Management Console (CMC).

2. Click 'Manage Objects' and then click and then click 'Processing Settings'.

3. Type the appropriate URL for your reports.

Now, this URL is used when you add a hyperlink to the report in an email.

/Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back