Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Write Fault Errors to NDPS Printers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2000
US
I've been having a serious issue with write fault errors when printing from W95/98 workstations to NDPS printers. The workstations are running client 3.32 sp1 w/Zen patch and are making IP connections to their server. The printers, HP and Lexmark, have been flashed with current firmware and are running the latest NDPS gateway from each manufacturer. The network infrastructure is in good health.

The server is running 5.1 sp3 w/Post SP3 NDPS patches. The schema was only recently extended for SP 5 so that is my next move.

The Novell TIDs on this error are surprisingly useless. I'm just curious if any of you have run across this?

If I remember correctly, this is a security issue. SP3 implamented some NDPS security options that screwed around with users access rights. Go into the NDPS printer object and change the security from medium to low and see if that helps. Brent Schmidt CNE,Network + [atom]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple [rofl]

Please Help...

We have multiple NT4 and XP Pro workstations intermittently coughing up write fault errors when we print to NDPS printers. Sometimes it can be a one page doc or 119 page Power Point project will not print. Sometimes it will print some of the job and the we get them. The printers we us are HP 4050, HP color 5, and Lexmarks. We client 4.83 and we have tried SP2 Beta(Novell's Recomendation) to no avail All this seemed to start happening when we installed our new Netware 5.1 server to replace a Netware 4.1 server. More so after we installed SP5. We are preparing to convert the all PAs to use the New Novell NDPS (SNMP) Gateway and do away with the 3rd party and older Novell port handling gateways.

Are we going in the right direction or not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thank you

JMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back