Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Write conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMode

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
GB
I have a form bound to a MySQL linked table, the majority of fields are text fields populated on load via DLookup and there are 6 combo boxes that give the current value of the MySQL table allowing the user to make changes to the record.

This has been working without issues, however, now any changes made bring up the Write Conflict if the user tries to move to another record with Save Record greyed out...

It is not my MySQL database so I was wondering if there was anything I could check or do my end. I have a duplicate of the database that works with local tables only and there are no issues at all with the form.

I know I am being vague, but i have no idea why it is giving the user this issue all of a sudden.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

It could be corrupted records, I will try deleting them from the MySQL side and re inserting them to establish if something corrupted them when they were added as I cannot find anything wrong with the form construction that would cause this issue to suddenly appear when it has been working normally up until now.

I will report back.

Sorted.

It is not my forms, or Access at all (knew as much). It is an issue between MS and MySQL. I found the answer here:

Microsoft Office and DATE or TIMESTAMP Columns
Applications in the Microsoft Office suite cannot update tables that have DATE or TIMESTAMP columns.
This is a known issue with Connector/ODBC. Ensure that the field has a default value (rather than NULL) and that the default value is nonzero (that is, something other than 0000-00-00 00:00:00).

Thanks for trying to help, it was important to check that it was not my basic grasp of coding that was the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back