Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wrapping tds with links

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm80

Technical User
May 3, 2001
US
Hi,
Just wondering if its possible to get td cells to wrap if they contain a link. I have been trying to get it to work but it seems to be counting the link as one word even though it is multiple words. is there any way around this without creating a separate link,
thanks,

Can you post your code in...so I or we(members here) can look and can give u suggestions or solutions. Thank u

<table><tr><td width=&quot;50&quot;><A HREF=&quot;inf1.html&quot; TARGET=&quot;right&quot;>Click Here</a></td></tr></table>

This is one of my links. It works fine on my computer. You could also put Click<br>Here.
Rick

Hi,
thanks for replying,

this is what I have, I tried the width thing but it doesn't word, and I can't put a <br> in the link name because it's coming from the database.

</td><td><a href=readReview.asp?search=&quot;&jbooks&&quot;>&quot;&rsPrefs.fields(&quot;name&quot;)&&quot;</a></td>

Any other Ideas?
thanks

</td><td><a href=readReview.asp?search=&quot;&jbooks&&quot;>&quot;&rsPrefs.fields(&quot;name&quot;)&&quot;</a></td>

The part between the <a> & </a> tags displays as all one word. If it is, that is the problem. You could put in a space, but if I understand you right, that's also coming from the database. I don't know of any way to split a word into two parts. I've heard of tags called wrap and nowrap. I don't know anything about them, but you might try searching the forum. I know I've seen questions about them before.
Good luck,
Rick

Here. Try this. Put it in the <td>

STYLE=&quot;word-wrap: break-word&quot;

Hope it works,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back