Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WP10 freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

gastong

Programmer
Jul 23, 2003
CA
Hi,
I have WP 10 standard installed on a Win98 SE platform. The document contains paragraph numbering and the application is freezing each time we arrive at a certain paragraph. I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to close the application. The rest of the system is working fine while WP is frozen!
I have all the patches and service packs installed.
Any idea???

Gaston

Gaston,

Sounds like you might have a corrupt document. Try opening a new document and then enter and x (or any letter or word). Then go to the Insert drop down menu and select File (at least this is where you find insert file in WP9) and browse to the problem file.

If that does not work try cutting and pasting the document contents into a new document or saving as a WP5 file.

HTH,
Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for the quick reply. That document is in use by another user with WP8 and works just fine. So I was wondering if there's anything to do with the incompatibility of Corel WP version 10 and Windows 98 (Corel vs Microsoft!!!)

Gaston

Gaston,

I am not aware of a WP10 / Win98 compatibility issue, however we are running WP9 (service pack 4). That product is fine on Win 98.

I would try a Google newsgroup search on the newsgroup Corel.WPoffice.Wordperfect10.

Don

There are 3 WP10 Service Packs + 1 hot fix from Corel. I have had tons of application hangs and this has virtually eliminated them.

Hi bballmama,

I got service pack 3 and hotpatch 4 installed,so I guess my problem is somewhere else!

Gaston

Search on the Corel web site, I downloaded a WP File Fix utility that seems to fix this problem for me. This sems to happen occassionally with Win 98 or Win XP and WP9 or higher. If you can't find the utility I could dig it out.

Hi JATPEng,

It would be very appreciated if you can tell me which file it is exactly. I've looked on the Corel site but I can't find it so far. I'll keep looking but if you can accelerate my search, that will be great!

thanks,

Gaston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back