Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WP 9 Envelope font problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GERMZ

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2002
US
a computer with w98 and wp9 connected to a hp laserjet4plus by a 25ft parallel cable..

here is the problem.. when we try to print envelopes the address is fine on the screen but comes out with other letters out of the printer.

like B's or changed to R's and stuff like that.. the formatting stays correct but the letters just come out wrong..

wp9 has service packs applied, i reinstalled printer drivers, recreated the printer, changed the font type. It still swaps the letters...

it does not do this in any other place then the address portion of an envelope..letters are fine and so are the return addresses...

any ideas.....

thanks

It is possible that the cable is too long. I have seen strange things happen before when cables are too long. I believe that there is a maximum length specified for a parallel port cable.

You can also try experimenting with the settings or options (or whatever it is called) on the parallel port. Some settings are more sensitive that others in certain cases. I haven't played with this for too long to remember what I have done in the past. I would hope that others are more current on such problems.

herbc

bwahahahaha....my partner figured it out today...

while i asked the woman yesterday is she was playing w/any settings she decided to admit to my partner today that she was playing with quick correct...when yesterday it was a solid "no i didnt change anything"

my guy killed the qiuick correct settings and the problem went away.

funny thing was i asked our resident WP expert about quick correct when i was OS and he said nahh, that wont cause that...

its funnny how people wont own up to playing with the computer yet they will sometimes dispute the bill cause we had to spend "too much time" fixing the problem, they didnt cause...but then again at 150 per hr...sometimes i understabd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back