Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wow, I haven't been here for a lon

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsisko

Programmer
Oct 9, 2000
US
Wow, I haven't been here for a long time. Been busy doing other things and playing with other programs. How does DarkBasic compare with VB now than a year ago. What progresses has it made. How much of a user base is there?
etc. etc. etc.

Must admit, I've moved on from DarkBasic. It's an impressive program and is made all the more better when using DarkEdit to write the programs with. However, I was recently looking at the possibility of getting Blitz 3D instead, then I stumbled upon Jamagic (by ClickTeam - some of whom created STOS and AMOS) last week. Jamagic is a much more structured programming (well, scripting) language, based on Javascript but with many added features, including common Windows controls, networking, 2D and 3D graphics, sound, etc... I was instantly taken by its development environment and with the ease of use of the language. I'm still on the demo version of it at the moment, but I will most likely shell out the £70 for the standard version. It's quite expensive, but worth it, IMO.

$70 is expensive? where do you live?, anywhere where a program that gives you the power of VC++ with the ease of use of JavaScript/HTML programming and the many more features than of most of its competitors, is expensive must be a 'dream world'. Dont forget with Jamagic/Clickteam, you can sell your programs with NO ROYALTIES!, you still wanna' say $70 is expensive for Jamagic? I dare you..

I can well afford £70 - I'm going Paintballing tomorrow and am likely to spend that much - but considering that I bought DB about 18 months or so ago and that I've hardly looked at it for at least a year now, I think shelling out £70 for something I'm not likely to use is, yes, expensive.

I'm not saying it's not WORTH it. For someone with the dedication to use it, it's well worth it. But for someone like me who never gets the chance to sit down, design and then write a program, it's not worth it.

just thought Liquid K9 might like to know that £70 is about $112 US dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back