Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Would BCM guy like CS1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooop

Technical User
May 12, 2007
US
do you think I could do a SC1000 if I am OK with a BCM? Does it use Element Manager? Just a thought because I need to get a new system, and about to get a BCM 400, but I really would prefer the new 450 if we can wait a little. I have never messed with a CS100 except on the Nortel Truck.

No way its a totaly differnt system, does not use element manager. YOu could manager after someone installs it for yu with TM 3.1. it has a nice interface otherwise its all loads and comand line.

Actually ...
There is an Element Manager interface to the CS1000.
It's not nearly as intuitive as the BCM Element Manager, but its there.
I must agree with 56BelAir. Completely different beast.
Stick with the BCM. 450 is not far off.

-SD-

The element manager in CS1000 does not do phones and is very different so I agree with both totally different animal also the Telephony Manger (the gui interface for CS1000) is not very good at the latest release so all programming must be done in Terminal requires a lot of knowledge of loads and command scripts not easy at all. Stick with BCM if you do not need the Capacity or Features of the larger Option System...

I also agree with the others if you came from a M1/Option background I would say give it a try but if your just coming from a BCM background it's like day & night as Belair stated it's all command line and load driven and if you haven't worked with it before you'll be lost. Never the less CS's and Options are great systems once you learn them...there's always training...[2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back