Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

would appreciate your opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedlady

Programmer
Apr 26, 2001
US
This is the first time I've been in this forum, and I haven't used Publisher in a few years. I make (and will soon be selling) something that up until now has been a hobbie for me.

I will need a program for doing brochures, flyers, coupons, and such. I would also prefer to print my own business cards. I know Publisher has that capability, but is the quality the same?

I just can't see paying to have any of this done. I'm no desktop publishing wiz, but I do know my way around a PC (programmer), and from what I'm hearing, Publisher is easy to learn/use (basics, anyway).

So, any thoughts? LOL-should I invest in the program or purchase any printed material I need? confusedlady

Me again. Also, does anyone know of anywhere to download a limited trial version or something for free? Doesn't have to be most current version or anything...... confusedlady

Hello -

Invest in Publisher! You should be able to create any kind of brochure or stationery you need. Please take my word on this - I'm currently working on a book that will show sole proprietors how to market their businesses using Publisher, so I'm staking a portion of my income on it! Don't worry about finding a demo version. It costs about $99 after various rebates, and because of all it does - graphics (for logos), DTP (for brochures and marketing materials), special printing functions (for printing business cards, post cards, etc.) and mail merge (for direct mailings), it might be the only marketing software you need.

Good Luck,

Mark Scapicchio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back