Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WorldWideWeb Publishing Service stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond6

Technical User
May 10, 2001
AU
I'm having a strange problem that I can't seem to explain. Regularly (but not always) when a users views an instance it will time out complaining about server inactivity. If I check the server via the CCM I find that the Service has stopped for no reason but when I look at the Services Control Panel it hasn't registered the fact that it has stopped.
So I restart it and try again. At the moment I'm getting about a 10% success rate (and a rapidly balding head from me pulling my hair out).

Can somebody PLEASE offer me some suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

We have the same problem. The server also has important stuff on the machine, so we had to completely uninstall the enterprise software.

We would like to find out what happened

I have not heard of this happening before.

Can you provide some comment on how you are configured and how users are interqacting with the reports On demand / scheduled, managed/unmanaged. Are the report small large or unique in anyway?
Is there anything interesting in the event logs or web server logs.

After a lot of RTFM, one of our people discovered that you cannot install this on a dual-homed computer. Deep down in one of the pdf files, is a sentence that basically says that YOU CANNOT INSTALL CRYSTAL ENTERPRISE ON A COMPUTER WITH 2 ETHERNET CARDS.

We had just installed it and accepted all the defaults on the install. What had happened was that several of the services would hang and lock up the box requiring a reboot, just like the symptoms described by the person who started this thread.

We are also in the process of separating the development and production parts of our intranet into separate boxes, but for the next 2-3 weeks, they have to share the same physical boxes (altho they have separate names and separate IP addresses).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back