Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Worldship & MAS 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermes418

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2005
US
I;ve got a client who's trying to import their package tracking number from Worldship into MAS 90. I figure I should use Visual Integrator and drop everything into the SO_19 table, but I'm having some trouble pulling package nubmers from Worldship. Anyone able to point me to any resources?

Hello there,

I can probably help you out with the Worldship part of this situation. If you are looking for Tracking Numbers, you can use the export function in Worldship. or You can connect to calPackage inside the DB.

Not that you want to buy another module, but we use a module called "StarShip" that integrates FedEx, UPS, DHL and other vendors with MAS200.

We are currently exporting from worldship to Access. Then, we import the data with VI. The only problem is that it is a manual process. I know that VI will automatically run - does anyone know how to either (1) get VI to grab directly from Worldship or (2) Make Access/Worldship auto update a able upon End of Day in Worldship???

You can setup World Ship so that it writes to an Access database each time a label is printed. They you can import from that table. The major issue is that if the record is voided you will get a second record with a void flag meaning that you will need to write some code to pull only non-duplicate tracking numbers. what needs to be done in Access can be done with code. A bit of work but worth it.

VI for MAS is really expensive and I know of other alternatives for less. is just one. As far as using Access and the duplicate tracking numbers, all you need to do is create a query with the criteria in the Void Column as "N", this will grab only non voided shipments. You can also check this website out for duplicates in Access: Starship is good but limits you on special features within Worldship itself, for example many customers have custom rates for one,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back