Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workstation not using 2nd GB of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelB

MIS
Sep 16, 2001
NZ
Hi,

We have an NT4 SP6a workstation with 2GB of RAM running an accounting package. When the operating system starts to utilise more than 1GB of RAM it starts to use virtual memory (set to 2GB).

I seem to think this is probably an issue with the accounting app, but the vendor tells me they have other clients using the same senario (but may be running on NT Server - still to confirm).

Has anybody had any similar issues with memory usage under NT4 workstation ?

Thanks

What happens if you set pagefile size to zero?

Wolluf - I will try the pagefile change.

johncurtis - All the memory shows up in the startup routine for the computer, and NT sees all the memory.

Mike - Have you got anywhere with this one. I have the same problem with analysis software not only not accessing the 2nd GB, but it will not let me erquest more than 1024MB. Is there a system setting?

Hi Richard,

It seemed to be an aplication problem, NT itself appeared to be working just fine.

Good luck,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back