Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Worksheet_change not working? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjonessi

Programmer
Jul 9, 2007
US
I created this macro by using recorder and modified it alittle bit, but the update is not working automatically when deleting a row from worksheet2 to update worksheet1. All I want it to see when #REF appear in one cell then update the remaining cells. What am I doing wrong? TIA.

Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Sheets("Efficiency").Select
If Range("B3") = "=+'M32#1'!#REF!" Then
Range("B3").Select
ActiveCell.Formula = "=+'M32#1'!A2"
Range("C3").Select
ActiveCell.Formula = "=+'M32#1'!B2"
Range("D3").Select
ActiveCell.Formula = "=+'M32#1'!M2"
Range("E3").Select
ActiveCell.Formula = "=+'M32#1'!D2"
Range("F3").Select
ActiveCell.Formula = "=+'M32#1'!G2"
Range("G3").Select
ActiveCell.Formula = "=+'M32#1'!H2"
Range("H3").Select
ActiveCell.Formula = "=+'M32#1'!I2"
ActiveWorkbook.Save
End If
End Sub

You want to try and avoid .Select as much as possible. As for why it's not working. Your if statement doesn't check what you want correctly.
Code:
Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Application.WorksheetFunction.IsError(Sheets("Efficiency").Range("B3")) Then
        Sheets("Efficiency").Range("B3").Formula = "=+'M32#1'!A2"
        Sheets("Efficiency").Range("C3").Formula = "=+'M32#1'!B2"
        Sheets("Efficiency").Range("D3").Formula = "=+'M32#1'!M2"
        Sheets("Efficiency").Range("E3").Formula = "=+'M32#1'!D2"
        Sheets("Efficiency").Range("F3").Formula = "=+'M32#1'!G2"
        Sheets("Efficiency").Range("G3").Formula = "=+'M32#1'!H2"
        Sheets("Efficiency").Range("H3").Formula = "=+'M32#1'!I2"
        ActiveWorkbook.Save
    End If
End Sub
that eliminates the selects and should fix the problem

I was told to insert module (new) in Visual Basic Editor then put the macro in there and save it. I copied the macro and it still did not update it. Did I put it in the wrong place? This "Worksheet_change" automatically update whenever there is a changes, correct?

TIA

The code should be placed not in a new module but in the module for the worksheet you wish to apply it to.

-V

FR33dan - I still don't understand why my if statement is not working. I copied your code and it still does not work? Is it because the if statement is still not correct?

VRoscioli - thanks, I tried a simple code and it worked. Unfortuntely, I still can't get what I need to work.

This may be alittle off subject, but where can I find the list of all those codes to use for what? It seems I am behind on this, and I have old VB script book that doesn't seems to help me out anymore.

TIA.

Just so everyone knows, I've learned this worked great for me.
=INDIRECT("'M32#1'!A2")

Thanks so much for everyone's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back