Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workplace for Mac massive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayNEC

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2002
US
I know nothing about Mac, but apparently it's Monterey IOS version 12.4
The latest client 3.28 is running like a dog an Intel Mac, the prior client 3.27 wouldn't even run on an M1 Mac.
Anyone know about compatibility? Avaya KB is useless.

And what the hell is sparkle? That's what one of the DMG's is labeled.

New England Communications

... and IP Office R11.1 came out in April 2020. FP2 came out in December 2021 but was probably code frozen well before that.

Not that I think that's the issue or that the issue is anything to do with IP Office.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

and Workplace has nothing really to do with the IP Office version.

Workplace 3.28 was released for download last week.

Yes it does. If you want a specific feature in Workplace to be support by IP Office, you need to check that version of the client or later was tested with that release of IP Office. For example, Workplace 3.27 supports the 46xxspecials.txt file, but unfortunately when a current IP Office sees that the request for an auto-generated 46xxsettings.txt file is from Workplace, it omits the GET 46xxspecials.txt line from the auto-generated file (yeah, over engineering really).

If the release note for R11.1 FP2 is correct, the version of Workplace client tested/supported with that is 3.22.

Still I think your Workplace issue with macOS 12 is unlikely to be something like that but still worth looking at an IP Office monitor trace just to check the new 3.27/3.28 clients aren't asking the IP Office for something for which its returning errors or not even answering.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

The problems that are occurring here are prior to even attempting to register, just configuring the application itself is slow and prone to crashing.

I have also just now found that the compatibility matrix does list MacOS 12.x as being compatible, the above link from the documentation portal is out of date.
At least I can open a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back