Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workplace client - customer service mode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglebowski

Technical User
Jan 29, 2004
GB
I've noticed in the 3.20 release notes for the (IX) Workplace client on Windows that it says:

Avaya said:
Additional Avaya Contact Center Elite Agent features – Agent bar user interface with Agent states

I can't find any instructions on how to enable the Elite agent features in the Workplace client and the docs I can find say it is only for IoS clients.

Does anyone have a link for a guide or has enabled this with the Workplace client

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

Are you using the same IP for PPM/AADS? If your FW is open on other ports, you can try AADS on a front end port of 8443 or something.

Otherwise, and I've never bothered to try it with 9600s or J100s, but you'd have to tweak that FQDN list in the settings file to make the phone map the public IPs to FQDNs so when PPM comes from SM and the SBC changes it from a private to a public IP, the phone gets that public IP and substitutes the FQDN when it goes to
Workplace shouldn't care - if your SIP server is sm1.abc.com then it should make a request to for PPM regardless of mapping profiles or anything else.

It matters if you have PPM and AADS on the same IP and port because if you have 1 reverse proxy on a IP/port that DOESN'T have a listen domain, it by default overrides everything and is the first match.

So, if your 2 reverse proxies had listen domains sm1.abc.com and aads.abc.com, they'd both work provided the thing requesting PPM had in it's request and not That's why they leave the listen domain blank for hardphones because most configs pre-date the FQDN-IP-MAP setting.

As a partner, I can spin up PLDS troubleshooting licenses for 30 days. When I get some free time I'll spin up a WebLM for it and hunt down whatever the entitlement is and see if that's the missing link.

Yes same public IP for everything, I've changed the mapping and now have both AADS/ACS and PPM traffic at the same time

PPM---outside B1 port 443---inside A1 port 443 to session manager + PPM mapping profile
AADS---outside B1 port 5056---inside A1 port 443 to AADS
WebLM---outside B1 port 52233---inside A1 port 52233 to SMGR

I'm now getting an error back from the SM when the workplace client is trying to subscribe to CM features so it looks like an AST issue now

SIP/2.0 500 No Event State Holder

I'll have a look at the workplace trunk as this was setup by Vodafone as a single TLS link just from SM1 to procr using 5061 (the normal/default SMs to procr link is TCP/5060, we have 4x SMs)

Did you change AADS in "app configure" in the blue terminal to set front-end port to 5056 as well?

If you disable the AADS proxy and set your workplace client to not use AADS at all and just use SM, do you get PPM?

Typically you need end to end TLS for UC stuff. At some point presence would stop publishing if SM-->CM was TCP.

Maybe that's been part of the problem all along. Either it was part of the problem all along or you just introduced it by tinkering with AADS.

If it's just Workplace clients and you trace the HTTPS request for PPM, I think you could have made it work exactly the way you did before by just adding the listen domain of the SM FQDN in the PPM reverse proxy

OK have got the PPM working so that the extn now subscribes ok and the cust service button and button module is now active.

Getting an error when I try and log in with (any) agent ID, says "404 originating user not found or licencing issue" in response to the agent login Invite:

INVITE sips:72047@xxxxx.local;avaya-cm-fnu=agent-login;avaya-cm-agent-id=64555;avaya-cm-agent-password=64555 SIP/2.0

Weirdly I'm seeing a workplace agent licence assigned to my laptop/extn now

3_fyp3ja.jpg
Screenshot_2021-12-29_152103_xexqsq.jpg

hmmm scrub that, have a wider issue that all calls from my client are failing with the "404 originating user not found or licencing issue" error.

Off into the logs again.

Where's the 404 coming from? CM?

Do you have one-x agent licenses? The way AAfD replaces One-X Agent, I'm not sure if that removes the license burden from CM and it just lets a client in, or if the client and CM both need a license...

I read the offer definition and see there's just the 1 license you need. I wonder if you need to use a reverse proxy for WebLM or a relay to let WebLM think your client is the one that got it rather than the SBC's client...

Or if you need one-x agent equivalent licenses on CM

but hey, progress!

And, that license is only sposed to be for "my computer or other phone mode" - like One-X Agent, so see if you can login atop a real SIP phone - or log one in thru the SBC yourself and see if ytou can control that.

The 404 is coming from the CM, have both one-x agent and workplace agent licences but I'm not using AAfD just customer service mode in workplace.

Now that the station is subscribing to CM ok I'm seeing a workplace agent licence being assigned to my client and I do have a reverse proxy for WebLM on the SBC for the client.

If I disable the reverse proxy for WebLM on the SBC and logout/login I then get a warning that no licence server is available and a 30 day grace is applicable and the SMGR workplace agent count goes back to zero, re-enable and it assigns a licence and the warning goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back