Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Workplace Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

davea2

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
GB
Hi

So the customer's certificate accidentally go revoked.
They have 50+ Workplace clients (all on PC)
For various reasons we got them a new domain and a new certificate which were applied to the Server Edition

When we reset the Workplace apps and reset up via URL all looks OK until they log in with extn and password a red triangle pops up saying the certificate is revoked.
It's like the app can't shake off the old cert.

Is there a way to make it 'forget' the old cert?

We know the new cert is good as we can check via a normal browser to
Thanks

Remove the old revoked cert with the old domain name?
Doesn't really make sense since the users would need to enter the new domain name to connect using the new cert.

It's a bit of a head scratcher, never had this issue before
OK so we have to default J series to change the cert but I have never had this issue with Workplace.

I even have a copy on my PC that I defaulr and connect into Customers system for testing, never any issue.

I looked in the cert store on the PC in question but could really find the revoked one.

We found that upgrading Workplace to the latest version got rid of the old cert, so they did 50+ upgrades yesterday :)

It is true that you have to default the j series phone to pickup a new cert. For some reason I thought you have done that.
The phone remembers the cert it is first given on reset or when first connected.
Since you changed domain you would need to reset those phones to get the new cert.

Yes but it was the Windows workplace app that was the problem for us, even resetting the app did not seem to shake off the revoked certificate.
This has never happened before, usually a reset clears out everything.

They only had 5 J Series :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back