Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

work'n on 642-801 BSCI at 4am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2003
US
So far so good I am working with the cisco press 640-901
and sybex 642-801 I just found that the 2 work well together any other opinions on material? My main question since it has been a while since my CCNA passing, and I want a good rBSCI router sim (cant afford the whole kit) any opinions of good ones at reasonable preice that have worked for some people?

And last how many sims are people averaging on the test? I am working on all of the guidlines, just wonder what I may be in for I had 4 on my CCNA!!!!! :< I passed well so I must have gotten some of them right:>

Any Advice for the warriors that passed? sorry that was one more wasn't it. Thanks to all

you got me there, i know i made a good use of boson's routersim to study for CCNA, but it is useless for BSCI.

i took 642-801 BSCI last week, and got 2 sim questions.
one was pretty simple (link-state routing) but another one got me shittin' on my seat (email configurations). i never felt so helpless on any of my cisco questions before. oh well, i'll try it again.

i hope you have better luck than i did.

I have just finished CCNP. The Sybex RouterSim is OK, as
is the one called &quot;RouterSim&quot; ( The main problem with these - althought they do all the protocols required, you are restricted to a handful of routers and switches.

My revision consisted of Sybex Books and TestKing - and a lot of command practice.

Good luck!!

Hi

To Microbyte, to save me from finding myself in such discomfort.

I have to do a CCNP Recert soon..
Where do email configs come into BCSI?

EB

It was prob a static nat configuration for a email server and only allowing port 25 and 110 in/out depending on the question. IMO I not I am all ears and humbaly wrong...

Do you guys think the Testking helped? Did you receive a lot of questions that were the same??

I used/use boson and and selftest as well as a router sim from rountersim.com. None of the questions were exactly the same, but similiar the concepts and the sim questions (which I almost missed ) were close also. If it is on the cisco test outline- it will likely hit on; some harder then others. My test was very much inline with that. I got 4 sims---- yes 4!!!! I dont know why me!? so make sure you get heavy sim or hands on router time. You do need to hit the configs and know them.

LL-CNE CCNA

to: eurobadger,
i don't know about the composite 642:891 (i think)exam, what i was talking about is for BSCI 642-801 exam.
Somewhat like littleluker said. Network Address Translation Question. but i wasn't sure about the port 110.

to: littleluker,
what's port 110? i thought only port 25 would suffice for that problem.

to: jvnieuwe,
i took a look at it. i have to say, testking is one of the few valuable resource you can utilize to pass the test. on the flipside, from my observation, few questions they answered are wrong (not to mention few more blank answers - careless testking folks)- which can be devestating if you are just going for memorization mission. because you would keep marking the wrong answer to a question without knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back