Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

working with Workspace's and Databases(looking for book's & webpages)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapomarc

Programmer
Aug 21, 1999
CA
Visit site
HI i'm a College student who need's alot of help with VB Database Access. Basically I've been paying the college a ton of cash and on my first real co-op i'm asked to created a VB interface to access a secure Access Database and I now realize that my College has taught me nothing 8)<br>
<br>
Ok enough flaming my School what i'm looking for is a Good Web-Page, Book or Tutorial with easy instructions on Workspaces, Database, Recordset's... Etc. anything to do with accessing a database in VB or i'm planning on using the Jet engine to do this(KISS) there's no need to make this harded on myself than need be.<br>
<br>
Thanks <br>
The Lost Sutdent

I really like &quot;Visual Basic 5 from the Ground Up&quot; by Gary Cornell. The examples are excellent and the index is really helpful as well.<br>
<br>
For Databases in particular, there is a book called &quot;Database Programming with Visual Basic 5 in 21 Days&quot; which I found OK but sometimes hard to find the information that I was looking for.<br>
<br>
The OnLine Help in VB is really helpful. If buying expensive books is out of the question then they the help files are the best alternative.

Thanks for the help don't mind the spelling in the first post I should have paid more attention in English<br>
<br>
Thanks Again<br>
The Lost Student

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back