Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Working with Word and Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myron60

Technical User
Jan 31, 2013
US
Hello,
I am very new to programming of any kind. I have Contract that I saved as a Word 2010 Template and an Access 2010 database with a query table. I want to open the contract template and select the contractor's name in a drop box then save the contract and email it.
I have been trying to populate the combo box from access and just haven't been successful, today I thought maybe I should use a UserForm and get the name from the combobox and enter it in the contract.
Does that sound like the easiest way to complete what I want to do?
Thank you for your time.

Hi,

Sounds to me like MailMerge feature in Word. It is possible to filter the source table to return one or more rows. No VBA required!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Thank you for your quick response.

My contract has an automatic date, Contractor Name Combo Box, SSN Form-Field, Pay-rate Form-Field, Over-time Form-field and a Signature Line. My Access database has field for all of this. I want to be able to click on the Combo Box and select a name an everything else is filled in. Can Mail Merge do that? I have read that I can populate the combo box thru VBA from access, but I have been able to get it to work, the problem with that is I don't know what I'm doing. That is why today I was reading and thought maybe if I create a user form so that when the template is opened the userform popsup and then a name is selected and then all other fields are filled.

Hi

From what I understand of your notes Mail merge will look after what you are trying to do and is the easiest way to achieve this.

Good Luck

Thank you for your response and time. I will try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back